- Unu so leh ele, eweh dho li ikubhe, iye dho ni ikube bu uza.
Meaning: the bird that hates the soil should not perch on an ant hill because the ant hill is sand.
- Unu bu ugama li kooo, bu iye ukpa weh unwo uzhie.
Meaning: The hen said apart from making picking the floor, she has nothing to train her children.
- Enyi uyo leh uwhor mu da le edha aka kpom bu bu adha ukpo we ya udo
Meaning:If an elephjant has a running stomach and falls down, let it not say that it is the spear/ arrow thrown on him that lead to the fall.
- Ubuleh bu eka uyulo unwo umeledhe, unwo umeledhe gwe eguma.
Meaning: If the hand of a little child isn’t filled, he won’t show generosity.
- Ewelewele uka nwe au yeji eyeji, mu bah gwaliwhor au gba li elanwu
Meaning: The butterfly doesn’t have clothes to put on, not to mention of the one to spread in the sun.
- Nye uzu enyi uzhi li ishi, ukpotor emene izu li uko.
Meaning: One who carries an elephant on his head does not chase after crickets.
- Ogologwuagida bu awha ma hau leh uyi, bu odu gbiyo odo le yah.
Meaning: The chameleon said after settling the matter being accused, it shouldn’t receive bad signs anymore.
- Adhi ukpo gbe ede, ede la ala li adhi yaa.
Meaning: wherever cocoyam is being poured, cocoyam doesn’t cease to germinate there.